- Investment in smart power is rising, with the majority of energy companies investing in smart power to create new business lines and other types of businesses investing for cost stability and savings and to meet green aspirations.
- Of all the types of smart power initiatives, energy storage tops the list.
- Smart buildings and smart cities are gathering pace but face hurdles to scale.
- Energy data monetization is hindered in part by privacy and data usage restrictions.
- The divide between utilities and technology companies will likely blur with the rise of the “tech-utility”.
- Unfit and outdated regulatory regimes are hurdles to smart power advancement.